Friday, March 26, 2010

Three Zucchinis in three days.

I found a recipe for spring risotto with zucchini and peas that looked pretty fast and easy, so I went to the store and bought the stuff. It wasn't as fast as I thought, since you have to be doing things including stirring for an hour, but the zucchini was so delicious I went back the next day and bought two more.


I made some rice and cooked the zucchini the same way- sauteed it in butter for about five minutes after cutting it into 1/2 inch squares- and added some blanched asparagus. Really very simlple and delicious. But the zucchini was still the most delicious part.


The day after that, I took out my zucchini and cooked it the same day- with the idea of just eating it plain (I use coarse salt after I saute it in butter- I'm not going to pretend its the healthiest way, but its the most delicious way to get a serving of vegetables) Instead after the zucchini was done I fried a tortilla in the remaining better- it takes 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons for a smaller zucchini- and while it was browning on the second side, put a little parmesan on the top- removed it, and put the cooked zucchini's on it. This was the simplest and most delicious of them all.

I might have to head over to safeway tonight for round two. Or should I say four?

3 comments:

  1. tried and true, i ate a delicious bite of this last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a cooking fiend, and I love Zuccs so you have inspired me to go to SafeWay myself. Thanks sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i like our "winter" glass of chocolate milk behind the zucchini.

    ReplyDelete