Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Something for the non-SLCer's


Firstly, Renee you are a blog-idea-stealer! Just kidding, thanks for getting this started. I know we talked about it and I had the best name ever, but I never did it, so you win.
Secondly, and most importantly, I have the recipe that all non-Utah residents have been waiting for. I wish I could take the credit, but I found it on Favorite Family Recipes and it is awesome. Cafe Rio Pork Salad. No joke. I've made it a couple of times and it always turns out great. This picture is from the site because it was so good last time I ate it before taking any pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Lis, looks like I will be breaking out the old crocker potter tomorr'er.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Oh Cafe Rio, I love you so. And now I have you in my own kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it this weekend while Trent and Matt were here. Delicious!! We agreed that the meat and the dressing were PRETTY darn close, although I doubled the cilantro in the dressing. I would not recommend making the beans according to that recipe, unless you reduce the tomato juice. I'm hoping it was a typo. THANK YOU THANK YOU Lisa for providing us with the means to such a delicious dinner!!

    ReplyDelete