Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dench Frip

because i am the nicest sister ever, i decided to make a surprise dinner for jamie. the dinner wasn't a surprise, the food was (the best kind of surprise.) in wasn't until after all my hard planning and blood and sweat and tears went into this dinner that i learned that jamie doesn't even like french dip.
but this wasn't just french dip, no no, this was french dip supreme. you start with the basics: au jus packet, hoagie rolls, and then elaborate. only the best roast beef in the world (albertson's deli roast beef), tillamook pepper jack cheese (we only live like 40 minutes away from tillamook, it's like not a big deal) and walla walla sweet onions-all broiled to melted perfection. coupled with the rare red pear and simply limeade, what you have is the pinnacle of tastes all complimenting each other nicely.
feast with your eyes and be jealous!


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this delicious meal Brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED it, and she's right, I don't even LIKE french dip, or drench fip, or dench frip! Thanks again Cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mail me one, can't wait for my new nice sister to cook for me when I visit. I am glad the deli is rubbing off on you. (I am referring to your food choices as well as your style choices).

    ReplyDelete
  4. brooke, i new from the title that it was you writing. (bremon bars tipped me off) i miss you. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brookie Cook-ie--you really are turning into a cook! The hours I spent over a hot stove are paying off.

    ReplyDelete