Saturday, November 28, 2009

happy turkey day!

Well, Craig's turkey was our biggest ever, a honkin' 22 pounds. It took a loooong time to cook, but in the end it was worth it.


Craig's bird is the word

Thanks to everyone who came to the Leaperville feast. I feel honored (and very full) to have so many good cooks in my family.

Not a thanksgiving dish, but Craig recently made a delicious baked squash stuffed with mushrooms and spinach. I don't know the recipe, but I do know it was tasty.



Baked stuffed squash à la Leaperville

3 comments:

  1. I'm a tad sad I missed your feast. That 22 pounder looks amazing. You beat the 801 turkey by a pound I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can personally testify to this turkeys scrumptiousness. I actually ate it last night, and plan to eat it tonight as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there might still be leftovers of that turkey by the time I come into town, what a whopper! I recently cooked a butter-nut squash myself, but I'll wager it was not quite in the neighborhood of Craig's. WoWzA.

    ReplyDelete