Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Asparagus Potato Soup

With asparagus at good prices these days, it is time for my favorite asparagus potato soup. I got this recipe from Quick Cooking magazine and it is definitely worth your time. I forgot to take a pic last time I made it, so you'll just have to take this one on faith. :-) Here goes:

Asparagus Potato Soup
2 c. diced peeled potatoes
1/2 lb. asparagus, chopped
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 T. chicken boullion granules
4 c. water
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. flour
1 c. whipping cream
1/2 c. milk
1/2 t. salt
Dash of pepper
3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese

In large sauce pan or soup kettle, combine the potatoes, asparagus, onion, celery, boullion and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until veggies are tender. Stir in butter.
In a bowl, combine the flour, cream, milk, salt and pepper until smooth; add to the veggie mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with cheese.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing, and I LOVE asparagus. I want to make it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely have to make this, next time it rains, which will probably be tomorrow . . .

    ReplyDelete