Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thanks, Aunt Melody!


I made Melody's Potato Asparagus Soup and it was AMAZING!! I'm so glad Melody is posting and I'm SO glad she put the recipe up. I want to make the things you guys are cooking, so post your recipes!!! Also, Melody, I loved that you put up a recipe that was in season. I already had asparagus on hand, because it was such a good price.

The soup was so fast and so delicious! I put PLENTY of cheese in mine, so it was a cheesy, potato-ey, asparagus-y delight. The only thing I might change in the future is to add my asparagus a little later, because mine was a little softer than I like it. But Byron loved the texture, so to each his own!!

One other note - "two cups of potatoes" is actually only about one large potato. I was completely over-ambitious in my potato peeling before I started to measure - oops! All those years of peeling potatoes for family dinner has really skewed my perception of potato measurements, I guess!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a gonna have to make me some soup. I love asparagus soups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your potato peeling experience cracks me up. I'm so glad you liked the soup!!!

    ReplyDelete