Tuesday, May 26, 2009

how have you been hiding this?

I moved in with Jamie a few weeks back.  Either I don't use the freezer as much as I thought, or I'm really nonobservant. But either way, just a few days ago I opened the freezer door to see a frozen, white container.  'Jamie!' I screamed, 'you have an ice cream maker?!'  

Now I don't want to brag or anything, but ice cream is sort of my thing.  I've cooked a lot of custards in my time.  And so Jamie and I made a Bowman original, honey ice cream.  It only takes two cups cream, four egg yolks and half a honeybear, but it is super rich.  It would be even better with high quality, local honey instead of the WF clover I had going on.  An added plus, it's soft right out of the freezer.  Stop by if you want to taste it.  It certainly taught Jamie not to keep culinary secrets from me.  

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I bet some of my best cooking will come from this blog. Thanks both Renee' and Lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for food!!! i'm so excited for more recipes. please post pictures of the food you make too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're an ice cream expert Renee!! My ice cream is always so delicious at first, but seems to get very hard once it has been in the freezer. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete